TLDR - Part 3
I’ve downloaded and tried a new exciting ECS-framework called Edge. The interesting thing about it is that it relies heavily on haxe macros to generate code at compile time that will remove of the costly runtime type checking.
I did a similar test to test number 3 in my TLDR - Part 2. Only the third test was interesting to me.
And look! It’s taking between 4 and 5 milliseconds here as well! That was surprising, I really though you had to try hard to be slower than my current implementation.
However, using macros seems super interesting. and I just got an idea on how I could use macros in seagal that might speed the matching up quite a bit!