Cpp text console application
Ok, for the first time in a long while I got two hours that I could spend on programming! Need to refresh my c++ knowledge quite a bit (the metro siberia part below uses OpenFrameworks to do all the heavy work for me). But in these two hours I still managed to:
- Create a makefile (my very first one)
- Code a small console application in VIM (and compile it using
- Have the program print out text letter-by-letter
- Read the content of the text from an external text file
- Store config flags, such as speed or pause in the text document
Not very exciting, and now the time is up. Time to hit the bed. Felt good to do some programming anyways.